Thursday, December 8, 2011

Grace

Today I heard something that’s still lingering deep in my soul --- words spoken to me during a period of deep emotional pain. “Always carry yourself with grace; hold your head high and show your grace.” What a blessing I heard in these words!
The source was a woman who originates from the Southern US, where women are told, even trained, to always be graceful and gracious. As a Yankee, I certainly never learned such a thing. And as a self-avowed realist and a true believer in speaking one’s mind, I have rarely ever paused to consider how to be graceful or represent Grace. What’s so great about Grace anyway? What does it even mean?
Here’s one definition I like, “elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.” Being INTERNALLY beautiful and elegant in ones actions and thoughts is resonating with me as I write this blog. This isn’t just some New Year’s resolution fodder, this is about LIFE!
I was MAD today! I was HURT today! I was CONFUSED today! And, I was reacting in my all-too-typical fashion by passive-aggressively pondering how I would approach this painful situation in my life. Then, this Grace word flooded into my ears and began reverberating through my entire being. It made sense. It’s how I want to approach all the tough situations in my life.
I choose to walk the path of Grace; will you walk there with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment